Here are the topics that were not covered:
- That kid with the hair. What's his deal? Let's conspire to flunk him.
- Synchronicity: How can we make all homework and exams due at the same time?
- Let's compare lists of students to flunk.
- The worldwide shortage of A's. What can we do to award fewer of them.
- Can we make classes start any earlier? How about dawn?
- How to speak in the most monotone way possible to induce sleep.
- That kid with the weird clothes. What's up with him? Let's definitely flunk him.
- How to make that screechy chalkboard sound.
Instead they talked about things that were actually useful to students. Including:
- College is expensive. What can we do to make it cheaper?
- Helping students find the right degree to fit their interests and strengths.
- Staying current with the needs of students.
- iPhones: How to better use the technology that students already love to teach better.
- Writing better letters of recommendations
- Improving the MBA program
- Recruiting the best students from High School and Freshman who are still classified "Undecided"
- Working with other schools across campus
Huh. Who knew?