An Open Letter: Introduction to the Cornell Entrepreneurs in Residence for 2007-08

Dear fellow entrepreneurs,

As many of you know, my final day as Cornell's Entrepreneur in Residence is June 30th. It has been an exciting year that has flown by. I have enjoyed the experience immensely. I want to especially thank Zach Shulman and Scott MacFarlane for making this role happen.

Between now and then, I want to make sure that I am able to smoothly hand-off the EIR duties to my competent successors. I am pleased and flattered to have spawned a position that will be carried on by Jim Quest and Cliff Lardin.

Jim Quest was appointed the Entrepreneur In Residence for the Hotel School in the spring of this year, and has embraced the role with vigor. He is an experienced entrepreneur and mentor who is a truly remarkable addition to the Cornell entrepreneurship community. His varied and successful career spans over 40 years. I encourage you to learn more by reading Jim Quest's official bio.


Cliff Lardin will take over my specific role within the Johnson School. While this position originates from the Entrepreneurship at Johnson program, Cliff's reach is university-wide. Cliff's strong entrepreneurial and technical background in a number of successful technology companies makes him an excellent fit fostering the type of high-tech businesses that are so prevalent at Cornell, without leaving behind the creative low tech companies that are spawning from the university. I encourage you to learn more by reading Cliff Lardin's official bio.

It has been a delight and a thrill to have this position, and I look forward to staying in touch and hearing about the continued success of every single Cornell entrepreneur I have had the pleasure of working with. If there is anything that I can do between now and June 30th, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Brad

___________________________________________
Brad Treat
Entrepreneur In Residence
Cornell University

Comments