The Red River Shootout. With puppets. In Japanese.

I came across this vlog posting using SightSpeed in Japan. I don't know what he is saying or signing, so I just watched it and made up my own story line.

Hook'Em Horns!

In a stunning display of my cultural ignorance, I am going to assume he is conducting a re-enactment of the annual University of Texas vs. University of Oklahoma football game.

See, the Texas mascot is the Longhorn, as demonstrated by the "Hook'em Horns" hand sign. The little block guy represents the Oklahoma mascot, crazy Pistol Pete. In this video, he shows how the Oklahoma football team put up a valiant fight, but in the end the Texas Longhorns prevailed for the second year in a row. At the end, Pistol Pete vows revenge next year.

Or that's how I interpreted it.

Comments