The Enlightenment of the Video Resume

SightSpeed recently posted a series of job openings on Craig's List. The more clever applicants submitted video mail testimonials along with their resumes. The best ones focused on what made them unique as a person. This made a tremendous impact on me. First, I was obviously impressed that they had taken the extra effort to use SightSpeed to create and send a video mail. But more importantly, I felt like I got a much better understanding of who they were as a person. Their paper resume stated what they had done; their video resume showed me who they were.

With all of the noise in the job search arena, the video resume is a new way to identify the great candidates. I anticipate the best candidates will continue to use tools like video mail to highlight their personal strengths.

Comments