Thanks for giving construction

I spent Thanksgiving with my sister in Frederick, Maryland. Then I went up to Havre De Grace to hang out with my friend Andy and work on website stuff. While I toiled on Dreamweaver, he helped his folks with light construction duties as they hurried to finish their basement in time for the Christmas party.

I came, I saw

There's something tangible and gratifying about construction. Unlike building websites and software, when you are done you have something solid for your labor. When I was in college, I used to do work on historic properties in North Carolina. They called it historic restoration, I called it construction, but it was gratifying work nonetheless.

That being said, I didn't really do any construction this weekend; I just worked on websites and business plans. I did make this video of the basement construction, and that is almost construction work. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments